Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A close brush

Does anyone besides me take a wicked delight in the irony that RIGHT after Marie Osmond fainted, the very next song on the TV show, Dancing with the Stars, includes the refrain "I shall never breathe again" ??



No?



Oh well.



Tonight I started the mural on my son's bedroom wall. I dragged a few things out of the way, then painted for a total of about an hour, then got a little dizzy, no doubt from the extra doses of caffeine I accidentally took today. Lost track of my consumption. Ooops. It wouldn't have anything to do with trying to do toooo many things all at once. Nope.



So I didn't get very far. Just brushed in a sort of lemon yellow and cream blend, where the sky will hit the skyscrapers in the background of the mural. I'm not ambitious enough to start blending blue down into it.



This is the picture I'm working from. (The mural will look only a little bit like this in the end. )



With every cake I decorate, I reach a point somewhere along the way where I say "Woah, this is ugly." Usually I redirect, and work it out (except for that kitty cake). I'm hopeful that in the end I will have a mural he'll be happy with. He's pretty appreciative of things, so I think I'll be OK.

4 comments:

emmay said...

I wanna see it when it's done..pretty please!

Carly said...

Not to worry. I will blog in excruitating detail as it develops.

Say, that reminds me, who wants to see the picture of the kid with the fork literally stuck through his nose??? gah.

Sassy Blondie said...

Hi Carly! I'm catching up on your blog posts because I've been crazy busy. I can't wait to see your picture when the mural is done! How sweet of you to give your son the Yankees in his room! ;)

onescrappychick said...

I already saw it (shudders).. I fwd your email to my dh and he laughed out loud!!!

Good luck on that mural. Go Sox!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...