Saturday, October 06, 2007

Things

you should not do on a Saturday night, EVER....
  • vacuum
  • laundry
  • anything related to switching clothes for warm weather and cold weather (pack, unpack, launder...) because it's been 80* all day anyway
  • rip a room apart with the intention of starting a mural on one wall just because you have a three day weekend**

Far better to drink wine, watch Office on your DVR, and perhaps go outside to see if the lawn chairs and the fire pit are soaked from the thunderstorms, or if you might eke out a bonfire despite it all. (no chance)

Downloading enough Jimmy Buffett songs to fill a CD might not be a bad idea. (even if only for the temperature today).

**I think I'm in Trouble.... he wants Yankee stadium, from high behind home plate. Oh, and if I'm bored, over the doorway I can paint a scoreboard, with the Yanks kicking Boston's ass, because his best friend likes the Red Sox. Because, like, I didn't bring home work to do this weekend.

I have work to do this weekend, mind you. I just didn't bring home some of the papers I needed on Thursday, because I didn't know I would need to work from home on Friday because my kid MIGHT have strep throat and I didn't want to be That Mom Who Sent Her Sick Kid To School.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jimmy Buffett is NEVER a good idea. -p

onescrappychick said...

Now, Now.. there is a time and a place for Jimmy. When it's 80 degrees and steamy in October.. I'd say that's a good time.

Good luck with the mural.. can't wait to see it!!!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...