Friday, October 26, 2007

Exciting news

1. I don't have to go to work today.


2. The new phones we are getting at work are JUST LIKE Michael Scott's phone on his desk which made me pause the DVR last night and scream "THAT'S THE NEW PHONE SYSTEM WE'RE GETTING!!!" because I clearly have no life.


3. My FFKAA* Marianne, a secret J-Lo fan who writes Saftey Week , is now contributing to Worst Mama Ever. Here is her first contribution. (I don't contribute there because it wouldn't be fair to make all of the other Mamas look so good. Just kidding!)

*Friend formerly known as Amelia, a name which is a little joke between us.


4. I have a few hours to work on the mural today. Somehow that is NOT exciting to me. It's more like the terror when you have to go get a cavity filled, and you don't know how long it will take or how much it will hurt. I mean, I want to do the mural. Well, I want to have it done. I just don't want to actually DO IT.

5. I am going away tomorrow morning, leaving the house as close to 7 am as I can; I will not do laundry or cooking or mediate squabbles or roll my eyes over things that I have complained about 37,000 times.... there will be a massage appointment and a queen size bed that will be all my own... no snorers, bits of legos, cookie crumbs,...... I wonder if the house will still be standing Sunday evening? How much can they mess it up in 36 hours?

6. I'm going back to bed now because as I mentioned, I don't have to go to work today. The kids are on the bus. Adios.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...