Friday, October 12, 2007

Alrighty then

It's FRIDAY. I actually had to leave work the other day so that my brain wouldn't explode. So I used some vacation time and watched Mr. & Mrs. Smith. (Due to excessive shooting, NOT a movie to throw in when you have a pounding headache to start with.)

Which leads to my other painpoints this week....

  • To the ladies in my building.... if you're wearing a jacket to work, it's time to put the sandals away. And for the love of Pete start getting pedicures.
  • To my doctor's receptionist... I sat in that waiting room for two hours ... you were almost the one who ended up with stitches. SO not the thing to make a joke about, honey.
  • My hair is still way too dark; I'm using Sunsilk for Blondes and pretending that it's getting lighter each time ('tis a deeeeeep auburn. Color me not happy.)
  • Icky Dick started off the choir season with his usual tardiness. And, he waves his hand slightly off-time so I have to hold my sheet music so that I can't see it, because I stand right near him when we're in our "performance" lineup.

So, the things I am thankful for:

  • It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I still have more vacation time to use this year and don't need to arrange someone to cover my shift like so many people who work so much harder than me
  • The stitches are out and the mole wasn't skin cancer which I pretty much was 90% sure of but yay.
  • We are starting Christmas songs and I love Still, Still, Still.

happy weekend.... more cake photos to follow (today's task is a Christening cake and yes Sgt the name will be blurry again)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

YAY for good Dr. news.. sorry about the headache (had a migraine myself on Tuesday.. most of the afternoon/all night... good luck with the cake.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...