Saturday, October 20, 2007

I've decided

I will make my family do the housework and I will bake all day on Saturdays from now on.

Haha. But really, that's what I WOULD do.

The cake is showing definite signs of promise; it's in the oven now, and the caramel creamcheese frosting is chillin' in the box. It's not quite caramelly enough for me but that's because I used a black nonstick pot so I couldn't gauge how dark it was and I've really never made caramel before and oh, whatever. It's yummy.

Work was brutal this week. Ambushes by clients (nothing like getting a call from someone who puts you on speakerphone then has 3 other people with her in the office. Bitch. It's called a meeting invitation. )

I was pretty exhausted by yesterday from the extra hours stretching my brain to do the new job duties I've taken on as part of this transition, and the sick kid, and the PTA nonsense I put up with all week. Yes, I know I am wimpy. But I made it! That deserves a glass of wine, yes? I even got to throw a whipped cream pie at one of my former bosses (some charity thing).

It's looking like a nice fall day here so I'm off to light a yankee candle and um, do housework. Woot!

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

boo for housework! I left early to do errands today, to avoid the crazy mess that Keene will be later.

Then I did chores and cleaning all day... even started the fall cleaning and got my porch all nice and pretty.

My plan was to get it all done today, so I can relax and do what *I* want tomorrow.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...