Monday, October 22, 2007

Super Hot & Heavy

If only that were more than the settings to be used to wash the towels while I'm out tonight.

Yes, I'm going to go eat cheesecake with Emmay, (and my answer is, "No, I don't think so, really, heads seem to be pretty much the same size as far as I can imagine" but you'll have to read her blog and weigh in on the question too) . We'll SEE how the condition of the house is when I return. Things have a way of going straight to h-e-double toothpicks when the guard is not on duty.

Changing channels, I'm in waaaaaay over my head on a program change that I agreed to take on because "we just need to add some verbiage to the online form and if they answer yes to the question we need a space to enter the account number." OK. I've now spent about 15 hours on this because that's just SO not what they wanted. They wanted elaborate prefilling and hidewhens on a web-enabled form and I got burned on this one, but good. No good deed goes unpunished.

I am getting help from various people I work with but I was reduced to tears the other day by a simple java concept (something like, the idea of "this" in a test for an If statement... ) because I see how far I have to go, and I want to BE THERE, already, and not be on the very bottom bunny hill of a rather steep learning curve. The others have been on the chair lift for a while now, and I'm on a rope tow, and I keep tripping and then I can't get my damn feet to line up together because someone is calling me to nag me about some random thing someone else on my team didn't do or some other nonsense like that.

SO, there may be wine with the cheesecake. Just possibly.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

wine and cheesecake sounds better than the boring meeting I spent my evening wrapped up in (love working after hours).. *sigh*. Good luck with that work thing. My eyes glazed over when you got to the "web form" part.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...