Monday, October 15, 2007

Uno

Day 1.... new schedule...

No gas in my car, should have gotten that yesterday. Not a good start! Slightly late to work. Forwarded my phone to voicemail and went about catching up on something that should have been done Friday, and I was hyperventilating about yesterday (part of why I forgot to get gas: it's impossible to remember 37 things to do all at once.... do laundry make stew write bills prepare for PTA meeting start mural work on halloween costume for an early party next saturday but oh wait next saturday we were supposed to...oh crap I brought home WORK work too...)

Morning flew by, I went and found a quiet place to regroup at lunch. It helped IMMENSELY to check out and relax for a few minutes. I love my Sirius radio.

The afternoon dragged somewhat, being that I couldn't leave at my usual time, and traffic sucked a little (OK, the school bus that almost TOOK ME OUT really sucked) , but I'm home now.

My kids are being pretty good about trying to follow the new routine I laid out. We'll see how it goes. I've found they'll happily fold laundry if they can watch tv. Of course, you never get back your own underwear, because they're not REALLY paying attention to whose clothing goes in each pile of clean clothes, but hey, I like Spiderman.

(So yes, I'm anxious about this, because I am expecting the house to become loaded with piles of junk and spiders. Wait. It's already that way. I'm going to go work on that now. SPIDERS! Ugh.)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...