Sunday, October 28, 2007

Can't try this at home

...because I don't have one, or I'd know. What?

If I ever do win the lottery I will need to hire Suzy as my constant companion and saftey advisor. She will tell me "No, don't do that" as needed, probably at least on a daily basis. Because she knows me, I do things, and, well...

I was away for the weekend with friends, and last night after dinner some of the girls went back down to the room where the entire group was gathered, but I'd already planned some time in the jacuzzi tub. The smart ones among you will see where this is going.

Ok, so I don't HAVE a jacuzzi tub, have always wanted one, and have never been in one. So, yes, I *am* dumb enough to put bubble bath in a jacuzzi tub. Just a LITTLE bit of bubble bath.

Jets? Jets alright. It took less than ten seconds after I turned them on and climbed in. Turbo jets, frothing a few cc's of soap to an IMPRESSIVE wall of foam that would have put out that pesky campfire out west. Holy shit. Literally, 6 to 8" high. From a capful of a sample sized bottle from bath & body works... I mean, you'd think I would have listened all of those times when my boyfriend Alton was explaining what whisking egg whites does to them...

So they were growing SO rapidly, and seemed to still be growing even though I turned off the jets, for a moment I thought The Bubbles Might Be Alive and I got panicky and had visions of calling the front desk to explain about a small flood, so I admit I tried scooping up armfuls of bubbles and trying to throw them over the wall to the shower stall...which worked about as well as you might expect... finally I gave up and just went back in, hoping to sink under the wall of tiny popping bubbles and just never have to explain to anyone what I had done.

But when my roommate for the weekend, who has known me 20 years, came back to the room later, I more or less had to confess because there were still bubbles sliding down the wall of the shower stall. She just laughed, and laughed, and on until she almost almost cried.

In my own defense, yesterday I was forced to listen to the ENTRE CD titled "Michael Jackson - the #1 hits" or something like that. It made my brain leak out my left nostril (very messy, but not quite as messy as the bubbles).

So, Suzy will have quite a job on her hands.

3 comments:

shoes said...

OK, OK, valuable lesson learned here. this is good to know....

onescrappychick said...

Jacuzzi Tub.... (sigh). Bubbles and all.. I might be jealous.

Anonymous said...

If Suzy doesn't want the job, I'll apply! Sounds like it would be fun.

Luke

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...