Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 3

People showed up and did things at my house today! I did a little happy dance early this morning.

There was dumping of gravel and pumping of water because they couldn't be doing other things, like digging my foundation, and in their unexpected spare time they ripped off my front steps and built me new ones. (Don't get me wrong, that was on the to do list.) My son was about 6" from the construction of the porch all day. The guys were VERY nice about it. I'll be buying plenty of boxes of coffee from Dunkin'.

The new stairs are slightly lower than the old one (more like what it 'should' be in construction boy opinions) and so I trip. I trip when I walk out. I trip when I walk in. It's fascinating but I know that at least Grace is nodding her head in understanding.

I went back to look at granite again with my little cabinet door in hand. I wandered around and looked halfheartedly at a few and then noticed, hey, the one showing the sample sink is actually pretty nice, and the cabinets are about the same color as mine. You can look here at it, but Meopta has already approved it so we are good to go.

So, you may be happy to know I am not taking just any old thing for granite.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...