Wednesday, May 07, 2008

No, it wasn't "oops I did it again"

Tonight was confirmation at our church. The Bishop showed up (on time! which we can't say for every member of the choir....including one who pointedly told every one to get there at 5:15 and then walked in at 5:40... not naming names but that same someone forgot to turn off their cellphone. )

Kind of funny since we were in the middle of one of the first songs during the actual confirmation part of the mass, and the phone rang, and we botched a line in what I thought was a really noticeable way. In a "funny but not" sort of way. That horrifying, slow-mo way. Gah.

It was Lord, Listen To Your Children, by Ken Medema, arranged by Jack Schrader. We perform a few pieces that he has arranged; I like the gospel-but-not- too-gospel-for-a-"north"-church sound.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

Hasn't this been the LONGEST WEEK EVER?!?!?! (sigh)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...