Thursday, May 08, 2008

Oddly enough

I'd say this is a sign my luck is turning.

I was minding my own business waiting for my son's baseball game to start. Some of the kids started pitching to each other. My daughter and I set up our chairs but she was RIGHT on top of me so I moved left a few feet. Then I started eating this salad I made with fake crab meat (I like it, most people don't), celery, a little tomato and some lowfat mayo. It was good too. Was.

I was eating and checking something on the blackberry and out of nowhere WHABAMMMMM, something exploded in my face with a sick thunk. I let out a not-so nice word that wasn't Mary OR Joseph.

All of a sudden several people were around me and things were reeeeeally quiet. A ball had come over the fence right at me. It took everyone a few seconds to figure out the ball had hit my tupperware container, not my face, and then bounced into my tote bag. I think it barely glanced off my cheek along the way, but not very hard. The thunk was NOT my face. And my dinner? All over the ground.

I believe the coach will have an (extra) beer tonight.

My daughter is happy to point out that if I hadn't moved, it never would have happened. I'm just happy not to be dining via straw.
Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

WOW... glad you didn't get hurt!!

Sorry about your dinner though

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...