Thursday, May 08, 2008

Change

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.

Alan Cohen


I came across this on another blog and I've been mulling it over in light of everything at work and school.

I'm still stewing, but it helps. I've started to do a few new things in my daily routine to mix it up a little where I can and it seems to help me cope.

This trellis is my spring challenge every year. Those little vines will bloom white and purple clematis. At least, that's the plan.

Sometimes I am busy and don't notice the first shoots appear. They snake along the ground and get tangled in the evergreens. Then it's almost too late to try to tie them and get them to look nice on the trellis. 'Salvage' isn't fun.

This year I thought I had it all set. Got the trellis in. Used cute string to tie everything and show it how I want it all to go.

Now the rabbits are eating it. There is an entire effing woods behind my house and the rabbits are eating THIS. It makes me just throw up my hands and say "Why?"

Sometimes you keep trying, but it's just not going to happen the way you want.

That's how I'm feeling about the house too. Like the work will NEVER start no matter what I do. Waaaaaiting is hard for me. Wondering if we can afford to do what I've envisioned sucks.


Carly(via Blackberry)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...