Sunday, May 18, 2008

Crabby patties

So last night we went to a seafood place I've probably been to 500 times in the last 20 years.

I ordered risotto with mushrooms (and stuff) and a plank grilled piece of salmon on top. It also comes loaded with deep fried shreds of sweet potato.

I stuck my fork into the big pile and took a bite...of crab cake.

There was a giant crab cake tucked in there too. Huh?

I had quite a conversation with myself then. This is good, it isn't mine. If I return it they'll toss it because I ate some; it's. ALMOST what I ordered, but I know there's an extra charge. But I didn't order it but I started to eat it by mistake.

My daughter had ordered a crab cake as her "meal" and I thought maybe the kitchen just plopped it on my plate. I'll just ask for her plate/garnish, if the waiter shows up.

While I was looking for our waiter, who still hadn't brought my daughter's or another one of the plates for our table, I noticed one of the other waitresses walk by, look at my plate and glare at me.

Mr C caught the glare and said "what's wrong?". She caught herself and said "nothing, I was looking at her salmon". Screw you honey, I didn't go into the kitchen and steal it. Don't glare at me. I really didn't notice until I ate some. Go glare at my waiter.

I had visions of a Hell's Kitchen scene going on back there complete with Gordon calling someone Idiot. Because now clearly TWO tables had not gotten their meals all at the same time. (I hate that! I'm always the one saying "no, eat while its hot, really". )

What a mess. I really do wish I'd noticed. It was damn good, at any rate. They didn't charge me.
Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

emmay said...

Please email me the name of your restaurant so I can go get that meal by accident too.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...