Friday, May 23, 2008

Things

in no particular order:

  • Memorial day means the town parade. Which means nearly 30 fire fighting vehicles. All from our town. Our rather smallish town with a bunch of volunteer fire districts. Totally out of control.
  • Granite update - maybe going today to get more samples, with my Designer friend
  • Must make cheesecake for Mom today. A peace offering. I'm going to show her my muddy backyard tomorrow. She will be annoyed that she doesn't already know about it. Whatever, I'll be eating cheesecake. (Note to JV: your birthday is not until next week. This one is ALL MINE.)
  • School concert last night. Ten year old boys outnumbered by the girls in the class 5-20; forced to stand on stage and do the macarena while singing "ItsyBitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini". These boys are athletes. They play basketball and baseball together. The look of visible disgust each time it was time to do the chorus/dancing was PRICELESS. And yes, I do have it on video to show at 8th grade graduation parties.
  • It is sunny so there will be digging today. I hope.
  • Welcome home, Mike.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...