Monday, May 05, 2008

Targets

The beatings will commence until morale improves.

Today at 9 am sharp some of the people in my division were told that the applications they support are being outsourced / offshored. As in, programmers in India. Happy Monday.

Not me, not today. But, some of my friends. Some of my oldest, best friends.

But, "just because your application is going, doesn't mean you are going".... in other words there will be a giant game of musical chairs, and some of us will stay. No committments, no promises.

So at lunch I got to watch one of my coworkers tell another "you're marked now...." and then everyone debated about what will happen.

Nice. I wonder why my stomach ached all afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...