Monday, May 26, 2008

At least I'm doing something right

Yesterday we went to a family gathering and at some point in the afternoon a bunch of us put the babies in strollers and walked them around the neighborhood to enjoy the sunshine and soothe the toddlers down into their naps.

You know that commercial, about the girl's rare happy smile appearing on the expensive vacation? That.

I was strolling along and my teenager came up and put her arm around my waist. She's almost as tall as me now, and when I went to put my arm around her shoulders... I couldn't. She's too tall. We laughed and continued on, with HER arm on my shoulders and my arm around her waist.

I have not felt so happy in, I don't know, I couldn't say when.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

just wait until you go to look her in the eye.. and realize you have to lift your gaze just a wee bit.

Happy Memorial Day! Here's hoping the men get lots of work done this week

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...