Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Do you want fries with that?

So far 2007 is not zinging for me. I would have to alphabetize the people who annoyed me at work today. Get in line, take a number.

Also I watched Pirates of the Carribean 2 last night and apparently I'm the only person in the world who DIDN"T know that 2 ends abruptly in mid-plot because they filmed 3 at the same time. Eff you Johnny (Depp).

Today I went to a place that WAS rapidly becoming a favorite spot for lunch. I tried ordering 3 different things and "we are out of that" was the answer every time. I finally literally turned to the person next to me and said "what are you having?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what did you have??

The suspense is killing me.

Anonymous said...

Actually you're one of two people. We got POTC:2, if I may, from Netflix over the holidays and I did not see that coming. Ya got me on that one! Although I can't complain about having to look at Orlando Bloom for another couple of hours to get the plot resolution.

Sgt said...

As my early blogging suggests, I have the worst luck at those establishments.

I just assume go to one and tell them how many people and let them surprise. Saves me from the frustration of trying to find an item they aren't out of, and them the trouble of getting it right.

Erik with a K said...

You just have to wait for the zing - sometimes it starts slowly, builds to a little zaz, then next thing you know everything's zinging. Then, exhausted, you fall asleep.

So far 2007 has been a Holy Shit year for me. As in, "Holy Shit, it's 2007!" I still remember drunkenly getting a picture with my friends on NYE 2000, while one of them held up a handwritten non-sensical sign with "200K!" scrawled on it. What?!? 200K? Hi-larious.

2007?!?! What?

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...