Monday, January 01, 2007

New Strings

I've got this old guitar and a brand new set of strings - M. Lambert

Well, happy effing new year. I'm cranky. No, not hung over, as I only had 1.5 glasses of wine. My
head is all stuffed up, my back and neck are killing me... bleah.

Bowling? First game - 99. Yeah. Mildly fun. Second game mercifully incomplete (and right after I figured out how to change my frames to strikes in the computer too.... darn it) I credit my "good" score to the lane bumpers we had "for the kids" (no kids were actually on our lane, but if I act childish on a daily basis, does that count?) Sorry Marco - I guess I need those lessons.

I tried to restring a guitar I got for $10 when I was 15. Baaaad idea. Sproinnnnnng is not a sound you want to hear TWICE during such a process. As I clearly have no idea WHAT I'm doing ( won't even say "what I'm doing wrong", just "what I'm doing" on that one) I will need to walk into a music shop and confess my brilliance on this one. Yay!

Off to do... um, four or five loads of laundry and some scrapbooking? Hey it can only get better from here, right?

1 comment:

John said...

I could help you with your guitar restringing project

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...