Sunday, January 28, 2007

Then I Wake Up

Now that Suzy doesn't work nights anymore, we get to see her more. Yaaaay! Last night we had dinner at her place and watched Pirates 2.

It was all great except for one rather jarring moment. My 9 year old is just learning about s-to the e-x. He put it together in his head that a couple we're related to, J and L (who are expecting a baby), had it. He asked Suzy if it's hard to talk to the parents of her NICU patients knowing they had it. She more or less laughed it off, until he brought up "... grandma and grandpa have it."

Yeah, thanks kid, I really want that springing to mind while I drift off tonight. Gaaaah!!




Today's song title by Trace Adkins (... I heart you, Trace. Even though if you weren't famous I'd be afraid of you if I saw you late at night at an ATM, because you're 6'6" and you've got that ponytail biker look... yeah, you scare me. But you pick great songs....like Chrome.)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...