Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Domestic, Light and Cold

Tonight at the hospital Amelia regaled me with stories of her previous job... she worked at a daycare provider, and one of her coworkers decided to sing "Itsy Bitchy Spider" with the kids.

I should add that yes, we did get ice cream after we finished our volunteer shift. This is becoming a habit. Ooops.... but I found the fact that she picked a giant shard of chocolate out of her ice cream with her fingers to be mildy endearing.

Because, you see, it means she is someone I can be good friends with, given that I tend to use 35 napkins to eat lunch and STILL end up with something stuck between my teeth.

Holy crap, it's not fun to switch to the new blogger un-beta. Especially when your arm is twisted.

By the way, I *AM* doing the Friehofer's 5k this June. Gulp. An old friend of mine runs it every year. So I plan to run, walk, or crawl across the finish line if she will put up with me saying "Wait... wait..." for 45 minutes. Buckle up, kiddies. (And John, it's a women's race... but thanks again!!)



(Song by Dierks)

3 comments:

D-HOR said...

Hooray !! For ice cream, and Hooray for you, for doing the race.

onescrappychick said...

Ahaha.. someone else who eats icecream in the winter. Good luck with the race, I'll cheer you on. And the new blogger isn't that bad.

Sgt said...

Glad to hear your running it! You'll do great and its for a great cause.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...