Thursday, January 18, 2007

Wide Open Spaces

This lawsuit makes me so angry. The parents blame myspace? Hello?? Pay attention to what your children do online. Pay attention to where they are going and with whom. Teach your children not to do stupid things. I'm so very sorry that these girls had horrible things happen to them - I really, really am sorry. But their parents failed at the most basic of tasks - protect your children from danger and teach them how to protect themselves. Teach them to be smart and not put their name, picture, and address all over the internet.

I could do my Holloway rant here, but I won't. Let's just leave it at this summary: my kids heard exactly what I think happened to her, and all of the mistakes I think she made (got "too" drunk, didn't stay with friends, and why does an 18 year old need to be out drinking in a foreign country anyway?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%, Carly! I think it's dumb that parents let their kids waste their time on inane sites like My Space anyway. Why weren't those girls out playing basketball or reading or doing something productive, for God's sake!

I sound like an old fart, don't I?
Damn!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...