Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Somedays you gotta dance

In the interest of breaking my crappy mood, I took the afternoon off.

I bought myself a new Alton Brown cookbook. (I am alternately amused and frightenened by my attraction to him -- I enjoy the combination of smart + funny + good cook, but I have trouble with the way the other guy yells on Iron chef -- the chairman??)

I am now back in my most comfortable VS flannel pajamas, about to have a late lunch of lobster bisque (withe extra lobster meat I bought, to add to the soup) and crescent rolls, and probably a Coke.

Oh, and did I mention - the most important thing? I am blissfully alone in my house.

No one will bother me until (:::checks watch::::) about 3:15. Then I will resume my appointed duties. Until then I'll be having a somewhat one-sided discourse with Alton.

Eff you, '07.

4 comments:

Sgt said...

Exchange the cold days for the sun
A good time and fun
Let me take you far away
You’d like a holiday

- Holiday by Klaus Meine

Enjoy the solice!

P.S.
Somehow when I first scanned your post I read something about dancing alone and Victoria Secret pajamas.... hot images came to mind.. but it wasn't cooking bisque. ;-P

Carly said...

comfy... aka...boring flannel jammies, Sgt...

and all of my titles are country music song titles, this year. I thought I'd be clever and see if anyone noticed, but I think only Suzy might... and she's too tired.

but um, yeah... the bisque was delicious. And I heart my new Alton Brown cookbook.

However I sinned by eating THREE crescent rolls and I'll catch hell for that later when the other 3 members of my family try to divvy up five for dinner instead of what should be... six.

Sgt said...

Country Music = Sgt Blank Stare

Guess thats why I didn't "get it".
As for the crescent rolls, if any of them complain, just give that "mom" stare. That always stops the kids and I from making any further comments that may result in us:
1. Preparing "our own damn meal"
2. Going out to the store to get more of said rolls.
3. Sleeping on a sofa
4. Any combination of the above.

Oh... and comfy can be sexy too. Don't short yourself!

Anonymous said...

<~got the country music thing.. too tired/stressed out to comment on it. Sounds like you had a blissful afternoon and I am green with envy. I'll join you in giving 2007 the giant middle finger.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...