Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Suspcious Minds

So last month my daughter decided that because I'm so crazy, she's adopted. Smartass kid.

I told her the next day that she was being raised by wolves before I took her in. She's funny, she can take a joke like that. Sure enough, she said "No, elves."

At least I thought that's what she said, since it was right around Christmas time and my 9 year old still believes in Santa(Yeah, i know...).

She actually said "No, Elvis."

That's right. Apparently at some point I got it on with the King - he's still alive and all. (Damn I wish I remembered that.... well, considering he'd be 72 or something now, maybe the reason I repressed it was that I was with a 60 year old man and I was ....30. Hmmm. )

Anyway, to make sure she understood the full ramifications of her claim, I dowloaded a few songs from iTunes for her. You know, like " A little less conversation" and "Heartbreak Hotel". Both songs, I might add, make a b-o-r-i-n-g mile on the treadmill go by a bit quicker.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elvis huh? Blue Hawaii Elvis, or, I just ate my tour bus Elvis?

The wolves thing.. genius!

"A little less conversation" I can see running with, but it would be to hard with "Hearthbreak Hotel" while doing the pelvis moves. Its a rule you know.

Johnny Virgil said...

Oh she does the moves. Don't let her tell you any different.

Anonymous said...

@JV: I'm digging the rotating portrait thing you have going.

I have a rule: Never think about women doing pelvic thrusts while they dance.... at least not at work.... between the hours of 4:00 and 5:00... on the third tuesday... of a leap year

Carly said...

Is this a leap year?

Young hot Elvis, thankyou. I owe it all to my time machine.

As for the moves... the other day it was almost warm, and I had the garage door up while I was on the treadmill. Good plan until the mailman walked by and laughed at me.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...