Thursday, January 11, 2007

If I should fall behind

Tonight when I got to choir I found that I was the only Alto!!

Every piece was gospel -- yes we are a whitey-white catholic choir, but Stanley likes that stuff and I have to admit, I really do too-- and the alto parts tend to be pretty high in the pieces he chooses.

Good times. Except, I can't count at all when I'm learning a new piece. Words AND pitch AND beats? No. So, not keeping good time.

I was a few notes behind every here and there, but it's early in the season (we started Easter music tonight).

At one point the guys were working on a passage and so I drew myself a friend to keep me company in the last row of folding chairs. It's a very bad crayon portrait that no seven year old would claim. Maybe I'll bring it to work and pretend my kid did it, just to see if people will actually mock it to my face

;-)



(Should we lose each other ... In the shadow of the evening dreams ... Oh, I'll wait for you ... If I should fall behind, wait for me -- written by B. Springsteen but covered by Faith Hill)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you weren't a Soprano. Nothing worse than a Soprano shrieking out those high notes at the wrong point.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...