Wednesday, January 10, 2007

You'll always be my baby

I overheard my son praying today. What may you ask, did the wee cherub pray for, after I've had him in Catholic schools for nigh on 5 years now? (between him and his sister, I figure a rough cost equivalent of a pretty darn nice Jeep, maybe even a Compass)

Did he ask for world peace? an end to hunger and suffering?


"In the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirt.
May we please have snow? I really want to try my new snowboard.
In the name of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Amen."


At least he was polite.

5 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

that's a pretty easy one cuz at least you know it'll happen at some point.

Anonymous said...

and it will end his suffering.. of not using that nice snowboard.

Carly said...

you guys didn't even notice I made it snow on my page. Hmmmph.

Anonymous said...

It seems to only snow when you use IE *shiver* Thats why I didn't notice.

Anonymous said...

I don't use IE, no snow at my end either... but your son is a hoot! I don't know if google hits on comments.. but my daughter was reading a bible I gave her (good catholic edition too.. which I don't have, I love the new St. James).. and decided to start with Genesis and work her way through. So she gets to Genesis 30, and says to me, "Mom, what's interc@ur$e? (to deter the snarky trolls). I almost spit out my coffee. I said, give me that! And sure enough, there it was. So I got my bible, and in it's place is "Go Into Her".. ummm.. hello?!?! I missed all this in my day, because I loathe most of Genesis. So I had to discuss with my 9 year old why that was in the bible, and what it ment. Aye.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...