Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 51

Oh my god. I went to sleep last night at 10 and slept and slept. It's like the world started turning again. Even the sound of the ice cream truck isn't bugging me.

Btb actually left me a note SIGNED Btb which freaked me out - did I leave my blog up one day? Turns out ALL the kids call him Bob the Builder. I thought I was so clever. I'm crushed.

The counter guys were supposed to come at 9 today. Apparently they did, but the counter wasn't cut quite right because the guy who was here to measure talked too much about how happy I would be with my granite counter. Um, I bought it already sweetheart. Measure.

So anyway they had to cut a little bit off, to let the stove go back to where it was supposed to be. Cut. In my kitchen. That dust everywhere? That's $20 worth of GRANITE dust, not your ordinary sheet rock dust, babycakes. My effing house is just getting dirtier.

There is also something about the faucet I will have to deal with in a little while too. One hole, two hole, red hole, blue hole. Can't use old faucet, gotta buy new. Cha ching, Seuss.

Right now the 6' 3" cable guy is crawling through the TWO crawl spaces to get back to the radio shack splitter that Btb put in to add cable to my porch. Yowza.

He's resigned to his fate though - he's actually kind of hilarious. Especially the hilarous part about tracking mud all the way into my bedroom. (To check the cable box. You guys are pigs.) He explained to me earnestly about the HBO blocker on the pole outside being part of the problem. And connectors and signals and so on. It's all good.

So, reacap, counter, only a little tile as you can see in the picture, and don't fuck with the cable, please.

U




Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

just keep telling yourself.. it will all be worth it.

and what's up with the letters at the bottom of your posts? Is it a clue??

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...