Tuesday, July 08, 2008

More Birds

My heart sank yesterday when I saw a mangled wild turkey carcass on the same exit ramp where I saw a mother and her babies about a week ago. I know it happens, but geeeeez. What a way to start a Monday.
Last night I was out on my porch and a huge Great Blue Heron flew right by, landed in a tree, hung out for a while, then flew by very closely on his way back to his nest.

This morning I took the newspaper out to read on the porch, and I saw a hawk swoop down on a bird right outside the windows. I am pretty sure he missed, but then he sort of spiraled around and for a second I thought he might careen right through the screens at me. At what seemed like the last second he altered course off toward the trees (he was much more beautiful flying AWAY...)

We won't talk about my crazy neighbor bringing her giant parrot out in its cage, along with however many birds she has in the other two cages. Ahem.

Or the birds in the woods that scream their damn heads off EVERY morning between 4 and 5 a.m. Every morning. So if I sleep with windows open they wake me. Did I mention this is EVERY MORNING?

What does this mean? Why so many birds all of a sudden???

I



Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

I think it's a sign. Don't leave the house.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...