Monday, July 28, 2008

Progress

The interior of my screen porch is almost all painted - I'm going to finish the posts between the screens tomorrow on my lunch hour (the kid will do most of the rest of it in the morning, he's quite a reasonably good painter for his age and wants to earn money for a drumsetgodhelpme)

I have a nice clock for out there, and some other inexpensive little things sitting patiently in a pile until I get my porch rug (which should be Friday). Just a piece of indoor-outdoor carpeting but a nice blue/gray, and it should cut down on the stray bug population wandering up through the floorboards and flying around the family room!

My favorite neighbors came over for a while after dinner to hang out, give Oooh and Ahh feedback, and play a little Wii. I heart them. My "uncle" B stood in front of the counter and said "Can you see my ribs from the x-ray waves coming off the counter?" Tee hee. That helped.

I got my grandmother's hutch (- a good BEFORE photo) back in the right place in the kitchen, and it looks very sharp against the green wainscoting. Real B & A photos, coming soon.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...