Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Birds

So, I was driving in this morning on autopilot, and on the exit ramp I noticed a little too late that Mama wild turkey and her babies were walking single file.

I slowed down (thinking about the cars behind me) and swerved waaay over.

At the last second I saw Mama fly up in the air right next to my side window. I really thought I killed her; my heart sank. But in the rear view mirror I thought I could see her walking back to the baby on the "from" side.

Not a great way to start the day.


Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

emmay said...

I had a turkey fly into my windshield on the Taconic Parkway. Destroyed my windshield and dented my roof. I had a plane to catch in NYC, so I didn't stop (this was way pre-children). I drove another 90 miles looking through cracked glass and praying there wasn't a half dead maniacal turkey clinging to my roof, waiting to drive it's beak into my throat when I emerged from my car. In hindsight, I'm sure it was dead. My insurance agent got a huge kick out of that story. "Here is your payment for your recent mishap with a turkey." Glad I could entertain you, Mr. Insurance Agent.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...