Sunday, July 06, 2008

Mixed success

The fireworks crew did NOT start a fire in dry woods at the state park this year. Ahem.

They did, however, get their huge ryder truck stranded. Hopelessly stuck on a very steep dirt road that they were allowed to use to access the water to load the barge.

While we were cleaning stuff up (selling hot dogs n burgers and stuff) they were loading their truck. We had just finished and were having our traditional Coronas and watched them try to get up the hill, (not move), try to back up, (not move). Rinse, repeat. We WANTED them to get it free. We knew they wouldn't.

After half an hour they gave up. Somebody had.a long walk home on the other side of the river.

(The river itself was beautiful this morning, green trees and inky black- blue water). I almost took a photo w my blackberry while I was driving over the bridge but I try not to do that anymore.

;-)


Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

Sassy Blondie said...

No fire is a good thing, right? Hope you enjoyed your July 4th, Carly! I've been catching up on your posts...

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...