Friday, July 18, 2008

day something

I have lost count of the days since this project started. I know it's at least 8 weeks.

It's been a bad week around here. BTB is not feeling well again. His right hand guy has been out of work all week with a different medical problem.

My fireplace is out of the box, and against the wall but completely not done. Almost nothing looks different around here since last weekend. Very disheartening

I have no rug yet. I just want my damn family room rug. I can't put my main pc back together, I can't bring in my new desk and start unpacking my scrapbook stuff, or my beads - my things that I need so badly.

My job is in flux again. Limbo, terrific. I feel like I need to stay where I am for another year because I have no one else I can rely on to get my daughter home after her tutoring each day. But I'm slowly climbing the walls of my cubicle. I am not focused, I don't feel like I'm contributing lately --because my efforts to support the team are just not appreciated by my peers. The strange part is that I got my mid year review, and it was actually quite good. The little bit of programming I WAS allowed to do was well received. My department manager seems to be happy with what I am doing. So that's something.

I feel like the summer is slipping away and my time to get this room unpacked and organized is vanishing right out from under me. Also I'd hoped to have a couple of old friends over to see them and have them see our new digs, and the available weekends are dwindling.

Maybe next week this will all be over. I just want my rug!!

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

you should just pack up and come here..oh wait. My mom is coming. Never mind. I was going to tell you.. you could have your own room, and all the space to craft you need. Hang in there... it will be worth it when it's over.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...