Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Day 50

Bob showed up today, not looking fabulous. (--- Fabulous? There's a joke there that only maybe two of you can get.)

I decided to get out of his way and went to the garden store with my kids. I have this crazy idea about growing a tomato plant on my very sunny porch. Given the deer, rabbitts, etc. around here, this might be my only shot at growing veggies.

It's more of a lark, but then I haven't killed Ted or Finn yet...I have a giant pot that Suzy gave me, so that will be my project after dinner, stakes and all.

Then we went to the mall to deal with the glasses. They're about a year old. Each of the temples has broken now - the first one only lasted about six months. I am not athletic. These things sit on my nonathletic face, or my dresser. For BOTH to have broken is simply nuts.

I pointed this out to the clerk and maybe it was the dark circles under my eyes, or the fact that my insurance is in my name and I had no wedding rings on(this weather is making my hands really puffy) and that my insurance won't cover new frames until next year.

Whatever the reason, she decided with the manager to not charge me for the fix. Customer service still exists. I was very grateful. It will be a few days but she promised to try to rush it.

I came home, iced my foot and took a nap. Walking around the mall killed it and I am just starting to crash from not sleeping well. Not asking for pity. I don't want that. It is what it is.

Bob started ripping up the old rud and some of the linoleum today. More tomorrow, hopefully he will do some tiling. The counters are supposed to come tomorrow. I wish I felt excited. Maybe if I sleep.

i




Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

((hugs))

I hope you can get some sleep tonight.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...