Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Vino

Poly will be happy to hear that I'm drinking lots of wine these days to cope with the "Tazmanian Devil waz here" decor we're rocking. (Knobs, painting, electric...boring stuff lately. Tile next week and maybe counters.)

I buy New York wines whenever I can since I figure the owners are paying the same glorious income taxes I am, and there's a shop near me that does only NYS wineries. Ditto for those owners. .

Salmon Run Petit Noir, bottled by Konstantin D. Frank & Sons, is great with red sauce. So that's our go-to with spaghetti.

Tonight we're having crab cakes along with Summertide, a semi dry white from Cascade mountain vineyards down in Amenia. No, I'm not sure where Amenia is. South.

I also had a white from Red Newt Cellars - probably a pinot grigio because that's the white I like best even though I can't ever spell it - to celebrate the end of the school year. (If I haven't mentioned it here yet I am No Longer A PTA Lady and that makes Carly happy. Bottoms up!)




Carly(via Blackberry)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...