Friday, February 15, 2008

Got a lotto ticket too

One of those beautiful shining moments you only READ about happened to me today.

I needed a dress for an upcoming semiformal (black tie optional) event. This filled me with dread since I don't want a miniskirt/spaghetti strap number with plenty of my pasty white skin showing. And that is what most semiformal attire is these days. Shudder. I was thinking I 'd be stuck with Mother of the Bride with a side of Extra Frumpy.

I met Suzy at the mall. She explained an outfit she thought I'd look nice in. At the FIRST store we went to, the FIRST thing I tried on was it. Perfect. Exactly what I wanted, in my size (ok I'm not happy about WHICH size that is currently, but the outfit fits and flatters me and the colors are good and...).

I walked around for a while afterwards saying "I can't believe it was that easy" over and over. Usually, when I go to the mall and need something specific I can't find it. If I go with money I don't find things I like. If I find things I like I don't have money or they're not in my size. SO much mall, so little success, normally. I have been dreading this excursion for a couple of weeks now.

Suzy is available for personal shopper services at a mall near you. Oh, and on the way out of the dressing room I noticed a dress on the rack, that someone had tried on and not bought. It's PERFECT for her. The price tag said $10. It's the perfect "go to Vegas and get in plenty of trouble" dress. Unbelievable. I'm SO going to hit the lottery tonight.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...