Monday, February 04, 2008

Miscellany



So. Tired.


Did 98 million americans hit the snooze alarm ONE MORE TIME today? Did everyone have an extra cup of caffeine today? I want to go to sleep and it's 7:30.


Mr. Gates, don't put ads between me and my google search results. Please? I use google every day. Don't screw with me.



My Sirius radio power cord is broken. :::weeping:::: I found one at Target that is QUITE confusing. Generic. Six little adapter plugs. Must set desired voltage and polarity. This is a job for the first boy I speak to at work tomorrow who is willing to put up with me and my nonsense about my radio.


My kids just came to get me to have me play a "game" that involves me listing off "four" of various things. Names, jobs. (I resisted the urge to name jobs like masseur, etc) Then some circling on a paper then some scribbling and counting. It's all very confusing on one big glass of wine. Apparently I'm a singer with a dog and six kids. I gotta put them in a better school as soon as I can.


Is it really almost Lent? Can't I please go to Mardi Gras just once? I'm already dipping into too many vacation days. Never mind.


Have you seen the Finish Line catalog? Where they take an image of a sneaker, and use it over and over in a photo collage to make an image of something else, like a dragon or a motorcycle? Awesome. I need to try this. On my to- do - after - PTA list.

3 comments:

onescrappychick said...

that's cool! I seriously hate.. when lent starts the same week as er... some other thing in my life that requires consuming chocolate in mass quantities. WTF?! And Valentines day too.. no leftover chocolate hearts?!? (sobs)

Enjoy your victory parade tomorrow!!! Your boys deserve it.. they played a great game.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Wow...that's really cool.

Feeling very un-artsy now.

Sgt said...

If you didn't get the info on your radio, you have to match up the polarity of the plug to what the radio says. Forgive my diagrams (and their inherent phallic appearance)

If your radio has something like:
(-)--(o--(+) it takes positive tip.

(+)--(o--(-) it takes negative tip.

It is probably positive and 5V.. but always check the radio matches the adaptor.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...