Saturday, February 02, 2008

Hungry girl tip



The Hungry Girl daily newsletter is full of substitutions and recipes to help you fill up, enjoy your food, and save calories. Recently she suggested trolling the baby food aisle for treats that are a little better than "straight" junk food. You can find all sorts of cookies and crunchy things there now.

I hate to admit it, but I bought a can of cheese doodles/ aka Lil Crunchies - they are pretty darn good! Only 25 cal a serving, which is 16 little crunchies. They're not that funky ORANGE, because they're made with corn and real cheddar. They're moderately crunchy, but not in that extra crunchy way that the cheese doodles are. (And no, I didn't eat the entire can. But even if I had, that would only be 150 calories.)
How bad is it that there is baby junk food? Or that I have nothing better to talk about on a Saturday night?

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

I find this slightly disturbing in the least....

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...