Monday, June 16, 2008

Curious-er

#1
We looked out the front door last night and saw a baby skunk sniffing around in the crazy neighbor's flowerbeds. It was easy to see because this particular flowerbed is raised in such a way as to appear to be concealing bodies. (This neighbor also wraps her shutters in foil come december, and adds bows "to look like gifts". )

Today I heard her nonchalantly telling another neighbor "yes, there are seven (7!!!) babies in the wood pile; we have to call someone to get rid of them." Um, soon. Please? Very soon? Can I loan you my phone? Cause I have plenty of minutes. Really really.

#2
I am the point person for a couple of items while we transition to new PTA officers. (Insert several consecutive cartwheels here, I am freeeeee!). One item involves receiving the forms that people fill out, to specify how they want their family listed in the school directory. Now, the top of the form is the family listing, name address and phone number, and the bottom allows you to have your business listed in the school directory if you would like.

It makes me laugh how some people shred the form and then cram it into a giant envelope, all folded up. For no particular reason, they savagely rip the bottom half off. Hey - if you don't have a business, leave it blank. I promise NOT to give you a fake entry in the business section. Like skunk removal services.

#3
My new floor is the wrong height. Or actually, Bob tB called and said that whoever did the first addition did that floor in such a way that HIS floor is not the right height to line up, and he didn't know that until he broke the wall today. Apparently he is going to have to chaching, lay aother layer of plywood on top of what he's already put down. Hmm. I'm betting that means my shiny new door is going to be fucked up. Any takers on that bet?

#4
Rolling my foot on a tennis ball relieves the (self diagnosed) plantar fasciitis that's been killing me since I went to NYC. I think it cost me $1.50 for three tennis balls. I had to buy them at target because I don't play tennis. Why does this paragraph make me feel SO MUCH like Andy Rooney?

#5
Seriously, I'm sure Russert was a great guy but the first 15 minutes of the today show was Lauer telling the guy's kid personal anecdotes. I felt like I was eavesdropping, listening to it (Mr. C and the kids like the tv on in the morning) and was concurrently thinking THIS IS NOT REALLY SUCH MAJOR NEWS!!! I'm sure this is not a popular opinion. I don't cannonize news anchors the way many people in this country seem to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

#5 - wait, what was # 5 - this window took so long to load I forgot - oh! year - TR. Right, i think this is NOT driven by people loving network anchors. I mean, while the dinner I was at Sat had some people who were bummed, it was like, four minutes of convo.

This is about your beloved coworker drops dead suddenly at the office, wtf do you talk about? Nothing else. Except their office is our living room.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...