Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 38 and 39

My daughter sent me a text message yesterday when she got home: "The house looks awesome!"

They started painting the walls, "pebbled courtyard" which is sort of a taupe but looks really nice on the walls. They also put up crown molding which is beautiful; we didn't have that in this room before, just some skinny quarter round.

Aaaaand BtB cleaned the paint off of both the leather chairs and the desk. (there were some quiet guity looks among the crew over his assertion that "no, we always tarp"... I think he just wasn't at my house when the guys got roller-ing.)

They also assured me that no, we know that's the porch light, we had to move the location and wanted to give you something and blah blah. Ok, as long as everything ends up in the right place. The porch light is now ON THE PORCH but not working yet, due to half the wiring not quite being finished, but the last screen is finally in so I'm going out there to have a cup of tea now.

Today I have to go spend more money. We need to buy a fireplace, and cabinet knobs, and confirm the carpeting and find out when that will be installed, so I can get most of my life back.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...