Tuesday, June 24, 2008

if only I hadn't packed the tylenol

... I could use some right now.

I noticed they started putting wainscotting on the two kitchen walls that don't have cabinets. (Good). It's white. (huh?) It seems to be a "finished" paneling product, and not wood that we can paint the medium/dark green I have picked out. (Bad!)

Hoping that's why they stopped...

Wondering if the sink or the faucets will be the next headache.

Still not decided on shade of cupboards, but my big pots actually DO fit. Hmmm. Bringing in two expert opinions tomorrow. One (my neighbor who is VERY honest) knows the question - do you notice? The other, my mom, doesn't, and that will be a good test. Will she say anything? If she notices, she definitely will. For once I'm banking on that. For the record, Suzy, who admits to being VERY picky about things and is a very talented artist (shades of color matter!) didn't even notice and thinks SHE could live with it. I'm weighing the options:
  • leave them; nothing in life is perfect and it MIGHT not be noticable once the counter's in (i know, I'm kidding myself here)
  • rip them out, send them back, and get it over with (but the boxes are long gone, giant headache, extra time, etc)
  • bite the bullet and get new top ones as soon as possible to match and stop this nonsense of trying to match 11 year old cabinets!! (means more packing of STUFF and so on, not to mention co$t)

don't know, don't know....

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...