Friday, June 06, 2008

Es regnet heute

When I was little I used to live on the east bank of a river. We'd sit in our screenhouse in the evenings.

If a thunderstorm was coming in from the west we would watch the lightning over a nearby city and then the wall of rain would travel over the river to us. I used to absolutely love to watch that, and I still lam in awe of the beauty of a strong thunderstorm.

We would wait until the last possible second and then leave the (METAL) screen house and run for the house, laughing.

Maybe it's because the storm woke me at four a.m., and I couldn't fall back asleepn and I'm so tired, but all of my rainy day memories seem like SO long ago. They almost don't even feel mine anymore.
Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

Weary Hag said...

I love to get nostalgic. This was the sweetest little post. I too recall sitting on the porch and watching a distant storm approach us... then running inside JUST AFTER the first few droplets nail us. Great fun.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...