Friday, June 06, 2008

Dear Sam's Club

I hate you - I hate the giant heavy bulk- ness of your items and your random organization and your towering high shelves and the people who roam around in your store. I hate the logic used to place items and I hate that the signs don't match what's in the aisles but then I realize that they do when I go down for the third time

I hated the clerk who rang up each item and literally said "I'll put this here" as he placed it in my cart, which wasn't my cart, because it was the person's ahead of me, and I hate that everyone gets what's going on in this store, and I don't. I hate that there are no bags because everything is big. I hate that everyone thinks these are the greatest stores ever.

I hate having to make breakfast for 75 people this Sunday. I hate that my feet hurt from roaming around this giant store stressing about how much of each thing to buy. I hate it that Suzy is right when she says "who cares what they think? they'll never be happy and they're just basically mean... ignore them". I want breakfast in bed Sunday! Soooo not going to happen.

2 comments:

Weary Hag said...

Lovin your dear sams club letter. Wishin you went ahead and sent it to them! hahaha

Um. Seventy five people? Breakfast? Cooking it FOR the seventy five people? Okay ... you've just described hell for me.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Sams Club smells slightly better than WalMart, but they both whiff of desperation and poor grooming habits.

On the other hand, the savings are eyebrow-raising. If you can stomach the rest of it.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...