Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Doubter

My builder just called; OF COURSE he did not block the dryer vent. It's venting to the open area under the new family room floor for now. Uh, yay, I can do laundry.

I also noticed (when I was walking around trying to figure out if the vent has been redirected yet) an odor that concerns me. The odor of cat... um.. cats, using my dug up yard for a... well, you know what I mean.

Then I was walking around and noticed a bucketlike container of kitty litter, with a handle and a lid. This freaked me out. Are we encouraging cats here? Too cheap for a porta john? WTF?

I finally summoned my courage to open the bucket and, trying not to gag, I looked inside.

Nails. Bundles of nails, for a nail gun.

Go ahead, laugh. Your yard doesn't smell like 100 cats took a crap in it.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

ROFL.. Ok, I admit it. I laughed.

My neighborhood smells like cow crap. See, most of us.. due to close-ish confines, use DRIED cow manure in our gardens. Thus, hardly an odor and all the benefits. My friend across the street, put in a garden this weekend, and put in ... bagged manure (not dried). It's rather odorific.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...