Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Day 14

Awesome. I have walls roughed out. My son: "we're going to have WINDOWS!!!" Um, yeah.

Bob the Builder told me this morning that there are "issues" with my existing deck; not a big deal apparently. Just not really attached to the house the best/ most correct way.

Today was better at work. Things seem to have taken a SLIGHT turn for the better now that some of the worst stress of the layoffs is behind us.

I went out briefly, picked a sandwich, and went back to eat lunch with my crew. I have this shirt, and every time I wear it, apparently it is required that we ALL discuss it at the lunch table. I swear to George Clooney, people. Yes, I have cleavage. This shirt is NOT THAT LOW CUT. It is merely not a turtleneck, and when I wear something that isn't a turtleneck the masses must discuss the fact that "Oh my god, she's letting the girls breathe today."

I'm mystified. But the fact that I had gone out to get the sandwich made me feel better. Panera. Yum. (Andy, one of my coworkers, got a cafeteria sandwich, and the bread was so stale it actually broke into pieces. Not good. So I did actually give him one half slice of my bread, because a Panera sandwich is actually SO big on two giant slices, I can never finish the entire thing and they didn't have a soup that I liked today, and ramble ramble ramble he liked the sundried tomato bread. Karma, I need all the karma I can get.)

We had ice cream this afternoon to celebrate a couple of upcoming birthdays. There were actually a few people SMILING. Haven't seen that in a while.

I ache. That's what happens when you don't run for 3 months. Oooopsie.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...