Saturday, June 21, 2008

I Snapped

Today I taught my 11 month old nephew to cough deliberately for no reason other than that it's funny. It was just one of those goofy things his parents will want to kill me for. Heh. It's my revenge for the fact that he lets out EAR PIERCING shrieks and they never say "shhh" and put their finger on his lips to try to teach him NOT TO DO THAT CRAP.

Ahem.

So, with everything going on around here (today we bought a porch light and a beautiful shelf for the porch and BIG 5 gallon buckets of paint... ) I almost punted on my sister in law's birthday.

On about Tuesday night I went "oh crap... a gift". I'd had the bright idea to get her a photo puzzle about two weeks ago. She loves games & puzzles and so on. You would think I'd have ordered it then....

Wednesday morning I checked around Snapfish and they do make photo puzzles. I found a good picture, uploaded it, closed my eyes and clicked on $$ two day shipping. Awesome, it would arrive by the party (today).

Then I got an email saying that it would take 5-7 days to print the actual puzzle. Then it ships. My reaction was a sedate sort of WTF ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I wrote a tense little note to Snapfish customer service pointing out that since they hadn't had that little 5-7- day factoid near the puzzle ordering details, I felt like I had paid waaaaaaaaaaay too much for shipping and was really not happy.

Whabaaam - about two hours later I magically got an email that my puzzle was printed, and wheee, it was on its way to me. Nice!

So, if there is a customer service department for, I don't know.... "THE UNIVERSE", um, I have a couple of things.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Thanks so much for visiting my site! You are hilarious, by the way. I'm loving your posts!

Rebecca
www.pianoteacherblog.com

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...