Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Conversations

So, I answered my phone yesterday at work by putting on my headset but hitting the speakerphone button. I answer my phone by saying my name, since my department name changes every time I get a new manager. SO it probably sounded odd. Muffled, maybe. But...

The caller was someone who I have done work for recently, and immediately went on the offensive with "You don't sound happy to hear from me". Well, no, not if that's your idea of a hello. Geez

We then were talking about some Notes server moves and he said something that I thought was dumb (that the Notes applications I worked on would be down while the servers are moved... which is WHY we have the notes servers "clustered", the main servers will "fail over" to other servers, and that's almost transparent to the users.... you don't have to understand that much, just go with me....) and I said "well why wouldn't they fail over to the backup servers here, like they normally would if the ones there were down?"

He then said "Wait... where are you?" As a reminder, HE CALLED ME. Using a different area code from his own, for a different state from his own, and thus (one could argue) he should know EXACTLY where I was.

Sigh.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...