Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sunday art

OK, class, get your pencils out, we're having an art quiz. Or, well, a poll. Give me your opinion.

Here's "A"...





And "B"....



Which do you like better, and why?

For many years I have been in "point and snap" mode. I realized today that I need to, and want to, improve my composition/ framing of photos, as a first goal.

But in this case there is really only a difference in "flame" and overall brightness here; what do you like better?

As an aside, I love hibachi food. (Went to celebrate my nephew's birthday... the chef said "happy saki!! happy saki!!" and gave us grownups shots; they were squirted through the air from the bottle he was cooking with, which my sister in law and I executed VERY poorly, slobber dribble dribble ugh....)


Oh, and here's a miniature daffodil...




my SIL got them, and I just thought they were a wonderful sign of hope for warm sunny days, not to mention good macro practice (I have to learn how to control the macro focus on my camera in manual mode, this was the best of about 7 tries; more manual reading in my future! )

It's snowing again.... sigh.

3 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I like B. I like that you can see the yellow in the flame, and the "bright flash" isn't so harsh. Love the daffodils, and it's snowing here too. (sigh)

Anonymous said...

B - There is less of the counter and the food and flame dominate the frame. Ah, food. The flame also has more detail.

Anonymous said...

I liked A -because having the surface in the foreground gives it a nice scale & frame.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...