Monday, January 12, 2009

Too much to fit it all in

My friend and agreed today that we need to both stop taking on projects that we will be responsible for ALL ALONE. We each have our long todo lists.

That promise won't help me now, with yearbook staring me in the face and the computer teacher's schedule not coinciding with mine. So next Monday my "holiday" will be a jam session at my house and hopefully we will catch up on everything.

I could blog the funny story about using one of the "night" settings on my camera to take a shot of my daughter with the full moon over her shoulder... just as she was about to fall through the thin crust of ice over the softer snow on our lawn(all from the last big storm). And how we laughed. And how she talked me down from worrying about all of this yearbook stuff by putting her hand on my shoulder and saying "we'll get it done... I'll help you..." and how cool that is.

Or the great game yesterday that my son had, (he even scored, twss.... ) and the crazy parents that take an 11 year old's game SO. Seriously. I mean, yelling at a teenager who is learning how to keep the book? Honestly. Grow up. Control yourself. "They" didn't foul your kid out, your kid fouled himself out. (You have five. Use them well. That's my feeling on that topic.)

Or how the tree is still in my front window and how I wonder what my neighbors think of that. Or that a certain someone appears not to be speaking to me after I spoke my mind on some recent behaviour.

but I'm running out of time to say any more...



PS: The song I'm stuck on today.... (iTunes kindly has a feature to play one song over and over....)


Pink / Glitter in the Air

Have you ever fed a lover with just your hands? Close your eyes and trusted, just trusted Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air? Have you ever looked fear in the face And said I just don´t care


It´s only half past the point of no return The tip of the ice berg The sun before the burn The thunder before the lightning The breath before the phrase Have you ever felt this way?

Have you ever hated yourself for staring at the phone? Your whole life waiting on the ring to prove you´re not alone Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry? Have you ever invited a stranger to come inside?

It´s only half past the point of oblivion The hourglass on the table The walk before the run The breath before the kiss And the fear before the phrase Have you ever felt this way?

There you are, sitting in the garden Clutching my coffee, Calling me sugar You called me sugar

Have you ever wished for an endless night? Lassoed the moon and the stars and pulled that rope tight Have you ever held your breath and asked yourself will it ever get better than tonight? Tonight

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...