Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday art - the Oh, Not Again edition


So my friend "Drew" and I have been sort of reminding each other to try to carve out time to work on photography skills, (for me, it's because I'm thinking the way to cope with the arctic blast is to do things I find INTERESTING and not just required.) He is doing a "take a shot every day" type project, and also mentioned HDR to me.

There are some images and an explanation here and also here --the 2nd one is the better link with more examples, because it's also an ad for a utility that takes one digital photo and makes it look HDR. (Usually you merge multiple exposures taken using a tripod, to make an HDR image)

Here is my "tree" again, and you have to admit, it's definitely different. To me these (HDR) images look like someone painted them with pastels / oil/ acrylic


Cool, eh? Intense.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...