Monday, January 19, 2009

Killing me dead

I am exhausted right now. Today I had a yearbook meeting at my house. All day.

Alllllllllllll daaaaaaaaaay, 9 am to 4 pm.

All day, after two of the kids slept over. At 1:30 a.m. this morning, I went out to the family room where they were watching a movie and chatting, and pointed out to my offspring that "you're stressing me out... we have SO much work to do tomorrow, and you guys aren't getting any sleep... you won't want to do anything." Hrmppph. Yes, Mommy is a grouch. Life sucks.

It's not bad enough that it's my day off today, (yay holiday!) and there was no relaxing with bonbons in my future, but to feel like I was going to have to struggle to keep tired cranky teens working with me all day made me VERY frustrated.

That deadline is coming, kids. We can't seem to ever get into the computer room at school. (The teacher has to be present, but she is part time and has another job after school. She's lovely and it's not HER fault that we can't seem to meet at a convenient time, but there it is. We're getting nowhere fast.)

All in all, it went MUCH better than I'd feared. We got 12 collage pages done and I finally figured out how to "flow" portraits, and did most of the grades. The kids used scissor and actual photos for the collages but the FLOW process is online, with digital portraits, and it's great once you figure out how the hell to use it.

Go to the library, find a class, count how many portraits there are (after you figure out how to hide the 2nd best shot of each kid) Pick a template that will hold that many kids, edit that grade's page, add the template, set the border, go back to the portrait library, and find the LITTLE, TINY word "flow" off to the side and click on it. Go BACK to the page, and check the names. Easy peasy, right???? Now I have to kill you. You know too much.

**I could have a field day with their developers. The workflow on this thing SUCKS.

Oh, and do this with "A New Day" playing 1,000 times on the crappy speaker of an iPod touch. I dare you. At one point my right eye was twitching savagely. I had a headache from lack of sleep and just wanted to make will.i.am go away, far away, forever. To to Madagascar, even though I tend to feel Big and Chunky, and he apparently likes them that way. Oh, go check the soundtrack. It's a very funny song.

So now I have some scanning and editing to do (which actually easy) and I still have 3 weeks until the deadline (shhhh, don't tell them). I am feeling much better. But still exhausted.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...