Friday, January 02, 2009

A little Dexter for your new year

Someone gave me Dexter Freebish at some point... we had a shared drive we used to all put cd's on (at work), and also people have pressed CD's into my hands in an attempt to widen my tastes beyond country and pop music (it's slowly working, I swear it is)...

So lately I am trying to listen to some of that music I don't recognize, which is now on my OWN hard drive. I was busy getting ready for the party tonight (I am making sushi rolls with rice, cooked shrimp, snow peas and naughty carrots) and happened to shift my attention to the music just in time to hear this part:

Nothing in life will ever come that easy.
Doesn't mean it has to be that hard.
I know you will find out who you are. *

I find that somewhat encouraging at the start of this new year, don't you?

*(Leaving Town/ A Life of Saturdays)

3 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

I do. :)

Carly said...

yeah, I thought maybe it was you but then I wasn't sure if it was Shamus....

Unknown said...

Hey....Scott from Dexter Freebish here. Glad you can still relate to "Leaving Town" a few years after we recorded it!!!. Just as an FYI we have a new cd coming out on January 13th called the "The Best of Dexter Freebish: The Other Side" which has 4 new tracks. We are also planning on releasing a new album later in 2009. Our title track called the "Other Side" can be heard on our myspace site at myspace.com/dexterfreebish. Happy New Year!!! DF

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...